Psychiatrist and attorney Mark Tobak, MD, has discovered most of his patients one thing in common: anxiety about money. Fears and doubts about their financial future and day-to-day financial needs.Tobak is determined to relieve some of that weight with this accessible guide to the realities of money and finance. His simple analogies from movies, TV, and popular songs will make the principles of money management and wealth building come alive for everyone.In Anyone Can Be Rich!,Dr. Tobak shows how
- Albert Einstein and Marilyn Monroe can teach you the lessons of compound interest;
- It’s a Wonderful Life can explain compounding in work, love, friendship and;
- the tale of the “incredible shrinking dollar” can help you understand inflation.
- the realities of fiat currencies can affect your ability to save without investing;
- James Bond and Goldfinger can teach you luck and probability;
- Star Trek and Big Bang Theory can explain our gambling compulsions;
- the financial profiles of extremely successful investors, Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger, and Jack Bogle, can help you improve your investing results; and
- other important money matters.
Tobak uses examples from Darwin, Einstein, medicine, math, psychiatry and law, from Star Wars to Casablanca, to demonstrate these concepts and ideas. By reading his book, you are empowering yourself to take control of your financial future. Don’t let financial security pass you by. It is all within your reach!
Mark Tobak, MD, is a general adult psychiatrist in private practice. He is the former chief of inpatient geriatric psychiatry at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Harrison, New York, where he is an attending physician.
Dr. Tobak graduated the University at Buffalo School of Medicine after receiving a pre-medical certificate from the Columbia University School of General Studies. Before pursuing a career in medicine, Dr. Tobak received his law degree from Fordham University School of Law and was admitted to the New York State Bar.
Dr. Tobak’s work has been published in the American Journal of Psychiatry, Psychiatric Times, and the American Journal of Medicine and Pathology. He is the author of Anyone Can Be Rich! and Audio Alternative: The Definitive Guide to High Fidelity.www.marktobakmd.org/anyonecanberich