Beyond Knowledge Lies the Triumph of Human Spirit
The Knowledge Age of the past two decades is passing today as the digital revolution and artificial intelligence replace knowledge work. Halal’s study of social evolution explains how this marks the passage to a new frontier beyond knowledge that is poorly understood – an “Age of Consciousness” is here. But more pandemics, climate change, gross inequality, gridlock and other threats form a “Crisis of Maturity” that is blocking this historic transformation.
This book provides a wealth of evidence and leading examples of an emerging “global consciousness” now driving the world to grow up, resolve this global crisis and develop a sustainable world order – or perish. With foresight and hard work, we could see the triumph of human spirit, once again.
- Chapter 1Introduction:The Noosphere is Here
- Chapter 2 Promises and Perils of the Technology Revolution:Eating Fruit from the Tree of Knowledge
- Chapter 3 Uniting Science and Spirit:Technologies of Consciousness
- Chapter 4 Democratic Enterprise:Collaboration Between Business and Society
- Chapter 5 New Social Contract:Centrist Politics and Government Markets
- Chapter 6 Virtual Education:The Uneasy Shift from Teaching to Learning
- Chapter 7 From Religion to Spirit:The Ultimate Technique of Consciousness
- Chapter 8 Managing Our Minds: Living and Working in Spirit
- Chapter 9 Toward a Global Consciousness:Start by Being Responsible
- Chapter 10 Evolution’s Climax:The Flowering of Human Spirit
Halal is Professor Emeritus at George Washington University, Washington, DC, with degrees from Purdue and UC Berkeley.Prof. Halal has published 7 books and hundreds of articles, consults to corporations and governments, and is a frequent speaker, once substituting for Peter Drucker. Bill also served as a major in the US Air Force, an aerospace engineer on the Apollo Program and a business manager in Silicon Valley.He received the 1977 Mitchell Prize ($10,000) for his article “Beyond the Profit-Motive,” and another article, “Through the MegaCrisis,” was awarded Outstanding Paper of 2013.Halal was cited by the Encyclopedia of the Future as one of the top 100 futurists in the world.Find out more about the book here www.BeyondKnowledge.orghttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C2JS8QB?ref_=pe_3052080_276849420